Thursday, July 07, 2005

M F E O

Monsoons are here! Frogs croaking all over; god knows why they have to croak, just do it silently guys ;) And yes supposed to be the most romantic season for any species; whether its humans or that humming mosquito sucking onto you or the friendly pup that gently lift its hind over your car tyre or whether it's me. Let's forget the mosquito, the pup and me for the moment. Love is in the (moist) air and the warmth rises with the humidity scale. And all the MFEO's (Made for Each Other) have their "GOOD" times together. Some of them are seen sipping coffees at the local cafeteria's, smoking off the 30s and 50s over a cup! some of them at an ice-cream joint feeding each other, while others go for the long drives into the fog (don't ask me why?). What's really interesting is that all these MFEO's can be categorized broadly into 6 types (atleast that's all I could think of). Let's have a glimpse into each of these:

1. 'I Wanna Hold Your Hand' type: Typically these type have been together for maybe a week to a whole lifetime, mostly the affectionate types or the newbie’s. They would hold each others hands for hours. Could be coz of the myth that the longer they hold the hand, the longer they'll stay together or that naughty chilly climate to warm the hands or a drop of FeviStick. Whatever said and done, these types of couples would never leave the hand, even while crossing the idle road at 12 in the night, or while driving the car on a calm road or while ordering at a food joint till one of them gets a call from Mother Nature!

2. Show-offs type: Mostly seen scattered in all public places (they got-to SHOW-OFF). Could start from him cuddling her cheeks to playing with his petrified nose to running his fingers through her silky hair to caressing his loose bicep. I once ran into a couple at Farishta on MG. The 2 just couldn't stop taking pictures of each other. "Baby smile!" "Oohh not like dhees, sit that way, uhhh not that way!"Finally I got up and offered them to take their pictures. Can't help digging my own grave (even there!), they made me take pictures in all possible weird dumb@$$ poses!

3. 'Main aage tu peechey' types: I sometimes find myself in this category. Here you would find either of the 2 walking in front of the other, the other trying to keep up to the pace. Possible reasons: You walk too fast on the treadmill (hmm... sound's like me), she just got furious that you got the wrong topping on her drink (she ordered some violet hazelnut blue cherry white chocolate sauce over the hot mocha cold coffee and you just messed it up; poor you :( ) or you being the stronger sex are utmost careful about the weaker sex and can't resist to be her bodyguard. Whatever may be the reason, try to keep up with the pace!

4. Mobo types: I hate these types of duos. This has become very common since the slashing rates of the mob-rates. By the way the Mobo people are those who just cannot live without their mobile phones; may it be while eating, sleeping, dating or even in the loo. 90% of the cases would be Jill, talking on the phone, while our hero Jack sits patiently and looks at her like an (Jack)ass, or in the car while he plays 'Lady in Red', 'Careless Whisper' and other mushy stuff on the CD he specially made for the drive, or while on a quiet dinner at Lake View (that costed him a bomb) just to realize all he did was fed her that evening.

5. 'Neck in the Twist' types: Do you see the world around you tilted at an angle? Relax and take some rest off the phone. You have just managed to bend your neck-bone a little too much. This type would consist of duos that sit in the office, move some files around, dial the number (definitely not to say ‘I just called to say I Love You!’), and start the taxing bill marathon (on the company, ofcourse!), till their pals ping them for lunch. Whether they work cities apart or in the same company, some few metres away, it's just not easy for them to stay without hearing each other. Sometimes, even after meeting for a few hours in the evening, they just cannot resist that an entire night separates them. Thus the late-night phone session starts and goes on till the rooster raises its voice!

6. 'Pairing is Love' types: Last but not the least, these duo's are the ones who just cannot stay without one another, COME WHAT MAY! Rather I have a running example of these too! Back in the college, there was this pair, who come together to the college, sat together at the same desk (they had good reasons, they worked in the same final year project), they filled up their bottles together, had coffee, tea, lunch, snacks together and moreover even went to the same loo together! If you're smart enough, you guessed it! Wrong, you're not that smart as you think, they are both happily married now (obviously not to each other), and had kids, co-incidentally at the same time. Now that's what I call ...

Finally, it's in whatever category you fall into, just make sure that you pass the message that 'We are made for each other" no matter what this dumbo comments about you!

5 comments:

Sunita said...

Hmm .... I am more interested in the type in which you actually let go your shoulder in a state where you need to get it operated to fix it back. How does this type work :)

Risha said...

:) thatz a good one suni
Ruz..howz ur shoulder ;)...thatz one more category for u..sitting along the beach with head on shoulder types :)

Ruzan said...

My shoulder's fine, and as I said I'm more of 'Main aage tu peechey' types... :)

Anonymous said...

dude ! I remember u once telling me that u belong to the "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" types. U had even narrated me an incident ... so ... Either your last post abt u falling in the 'Main aage tu peechey' types is wrong or I m wrong. Either way ... lemme know ... coz if I am wrong, I will have to post the incident tooo that you had once told me and this wouldnt be healthy to your blog. :))


chill !!!

neways NIIIIICE Posts !!! Keep up the good work :))

Anonymous said...

Good blog Ruzan. It reminds me of Yogesh and Kiran.