Tuesday, July 08, 2008

The Old Math Trick...!!

As far as I remember, this was one of the oldest tricks that baffled me when I was in my second grade. A friend of mine would randomly ask me to think of some number, follow some of his steps and then bingo! he would get to know the result of the computations without he even knowing what number I had initially thought.



So here's the trick... try it out while you read this too!

Step 1: Think of any number
Step 2: Double it
Step 3: Add 28 to the result
Step 4: Halve the result
Step 5: Subtract the initially thought number from the result



Ok now gimme some time to think over your result...


thinking...



hmm....



still thinking...



Wait... is the result 14?? :)


Come on... Its no magic... nor did I use some kind of a chart to find out that :P So its funny, today randomly I asked this to a colleague of mine and she was like I'm sure this is some kind of a numeric chart use for computations. Trick works ;)

3 comments:

Makarand said...

coool trick ... did it "work", if u know what i mean ... ;)

Risha said...

yeah...did it work??? if u know wht makarand and i mean ;)

Ruzan said...

O come on guys :P