"Wheat bread, with some light mayo please, no bacon and sprinkle very little cheese on it. No oil, just some salt and pepper"... that's my typical order for a sandwich, be it TOGO's, Quiznos or Subway, I've been enjoying sandwiches for lunch for a while. The other day, I was out to Cisco's Cafe to grab some Mongolian Sitr-fry. Unfortunately, the queue was too long a wait with my ever increasing hunger. I walked by the sandwich bar where I had the liberty to make my own sandwich.
Obviously, I looked at their meats section and then decided on to go for it. Curiously looking at the options, I picked up a bread roll, patted some mustard, hummus and light mayo generously over it.Then i relished it with some curried chicken chunks, turkey slices, fried eggplant and cucumbers, tomatoes, and onions. By now it was a heavy slab of self chosen ingredients, which I neatly wrapped, and slant cut it into 2.
As I started to bite onto the first half, I realized I was biting onto just the bread and some of the toppings. Hastily, I finished the first half throwing off some bread away. As I bit into the other half, it tasted just as it should have. I could taste all the ingredients together and it was just what I wanted. Happily I finished off the sandwich and walked away.
What's funny is that this is not the first time it happened to me. Be it any sandwich, or for that matter any salad wrap, the first half has always not been the best. And I keep wondering, is it just me? Or my hunger? Or the sandwiches themselves?
2 comments:
u know wht i read this blog almost a mnth ago....and every time i get a sandwitch made..i think of u and this blog of urs.....u just love food dont u?
I'm a foodie and I just can't stop thinking about fooood... but seriously, sub-consciously, I end up leaving the best piece for the last :)
Post a Comment