A walk on Pune's
The stubborn kid I was, I remember crying right there, making a scene out of it, till mom would leave me there and start walking away :) Well a couple of times I would be convinced that it wouldn't work at home, but the sight of it sailing to the rhythm was not something I would walk by so easily.
Couple of years later, when my bro would do the same, it was time for me to walk up and say "I will make it work" and alas we bought the first putt-putt boat. Celebrations time, I ran into the bathroom, filled the tub, grabbed the matchbox, lit the wax filled spoon and there it went... "clitter... clitter... clitter..." as it sped off right into the tub.... yippiee... felt like Vasco-da-gama. And then followed the melting of candles, burnt tiles with wax spots, piles of carbonized match sticks and burnt fingers. Time would fly during the weekends lying besides the tub and see the tiny hull make rounds, reloading the fuel into it and then rejoicing over the next voyage!

3 comments:
I had two of these boats and played endlessly with them. The bathroom sounded with them putt-putting continuously.
What fun they used to be, indeed.
I had many of these put put boats...They were marvel of basic engineering principle :) still feel nostalgic about them :(. I played with them just 1 yr back when i had gone back to my home. there were 3 of them sailing with their continuous put put noise in a artificial water pond in my home :)
nice :) its been ages since I saw them, specially after they got the sellers off the MG Road...
Post a Comment