You know how crazy one gets when Apple launches some device into the market, or when XBOX releases some game which was the talk of town, even before it was declared within Microsoft. Well, I try to stay away from all this, coz waiting a week or so after the launch to get a glimpse of the new hotcake in the market wont make much of a difference to me, when I can easily walk into the store and check it out with ease.
But yes, it happened so that I was actually waiting for the PSP to release. Not that it was something new in the markets, but yes, PSP's slimmer version was to hit the markets in Sep 2007. Ever since I played the older version, I wanted to buy it. But the news of the slim version releasing would make it all the more difficult for me to buy the older model. This was sometime in July, so 2 months seemed a loooooooooooong time for me.
On 10th September, with my eyes barely open, I got ready with my slippers on and got a drop to the nearest Fry's store. Like a kid in Legoland, I ran around to see where the launch was taking place. To my glee, they were lying right in the middle of the store and several pieces were kept there. Like a typical desi, I picked the one hid right inside the pile, checked the pack here and there to see I picked the perfect one and with a big smile on my face walked to the counter, paid some 220 odd bucks for it (which seemed like buying a gallon of milk from a 7/11 store) and rushed back home.
Opening it, and playing with it rightaway felt like receiving a toy I would crave for months and finally get it on my birthday! I love it so much :)
PS: Gone are those looooooooooong boring times in the restroom :D

9 comments:
I long for the day you would graduate from kindergarten...
Grow up kid..no need wasting your money on worthless disposable toys :P.
-Mohit
Yea! from the guy who got addicted to it in a matter of minutes and next thing wanted to goto the nearest FRYs :P :P :P
c'mon ..... C'mmmmonnnnn .... (reminds me of eric cartman waiting for the wii ;) Believe me or not, I am in that exact mode waiting for my htc touch ;)
i totally get this post. thanks for sending me my psp. now i have my own post to write.
People should read this.
Wow, marvelous blog format! How lengthy have you been running a blog
for? you made blogging look easy. The entire glance of your
web site is wonderful, as neatly as the content!
Feel free to surf to my web page :: BMW Z4 Windscreen
continuously i used to read smaller articles or
reviews that also clear their motive, and that is
also happening with this paragraph which I am reading at this place.
my weblog - noticias primero
Pretty! This was an extremely wonderful article. Thanks for supplying these details.
Feel free to visit my webpage; sex chat video
The other day, while I was at work, my sister stole my
apple ipad and tested to see if it can survive a twenty five foot drop,
just so she can be a youtube sensation. My iPad is
now broken and she has 83 views. I know this is entirely off topic but
I had to share it with someone!
Feel free to surf to my web page amazing long xvideo website
:: www.gapetube.com
::
Post a Comment