Watches do get Jetlagged... who said NO! I can prove it, and that too for 2 months or so. How?? Read along..
So in Feb 07 I reached San Jose. Keeping track of the time zones I'd pass, I would update my Swatch accordingly. When I reached the US, I turned the shiny hands for the last time (...or was it not the last). Well I had to adjust the date too. So all set, I left the watch aside and went to sleep.
Next day (well not for the watch) I saw the day it displayed was the day before's, so I began to wind the date wheel to the current date. Ok, what next? In the afternoon, it would take off to the next day? Ohh no, my Swatch's screwed. Alright I can do that again, I adjusted the date wheel back to today.
Ok, this went on for almost 2 months. I stayed awake till 12 at times to adjust the date ticker, but the 12 hours difference was not readily accepted by the watch and it would just skip 12 hours and display the next day. Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh I don't wanna repair it here :( It will cost me a bomb.
Tired of doing this everyday, one day I asked Tippul if he knew of any Swatch repair shop around, or for that matter anyone who could fix the problem. The guy stared at me and gave me a blast of laughter. "Dumbo", said he, "turn the hours hand 12 hours ahead and you're all set".
2 comments:
Will you please do yourself a favour, get rid of the T-series and get an original? Dont be so hard on yourself ;)
hehehehehehehehe Tippul...i liked that name :) and dumbo is good too, suits u well
Post a Comment