It’s been almost 7 months since I last posted. The single reason being, I’ve been running along with the ticking time. And finally today, when I have absolute 2 full hours to myself, I thought of covering the glimpses of this period of time here.
My year started off with the return back from an awesome trip to Malvan with the most loved people, my family. Just had a thought when I was driving back, which literally came into action a month later. I told myself, well the start of the year went in traveling, maybe I’ll travel a lot this year. Just that happened, and by early February, I was in California :)
My first two months here went in finding time for myself. It was my first time onsite on a client project, a project where I was assumed “expert”. Knowing new people here, getting along with the team, taking offshore calls, endless late night discussions, production server restarts went on-n-on. Sometimes, I would get 5 minutes for myself and ask “Am I enjoying this? Or is it the idea of being onsite that’s keeping me on?” But it felt good. Good to see me busy and have grilling work after a long long time. On the lighter side, I made trips with my close friends to San Diego, Vegas and Los Angeles. Met some of my best friends here after a long time. Also bought a Yamaha keyboard, just for those moments when my fingers would tremble to hear the sweet piano sound and play some tunes which I learnt in the last couple of months.
In my 2BR/1BA apartment, I would squeeze in some time in the evenings and grab the California Drivers Handbook and read it during my rest(room)time :) It took a couple of sessions to complete reading it and immediately gave the written test. Within a week’s time, rented a car, drove a little in the city, got boosted, took a driving class, gave my driving test, gave the test again and got my license.
Getting the Driver’s License gave me a feeling of freedom, so much, that in the first couple of days, it would be irresistible not to show my license to anyone. It felt great to drive on perfectly smooth and marked roads and more than that to follow the rules. In the following weekends, took full advantage of this and drove to San Francisco, Sausalito, Muir Woods etc etc all the way to Point Reyes, some 100 odd miles North of San Jose.
These days I’ve been more relaxed than before. Try to get back home from work by 6, swim in the evenings and try my hands in cooking. Feels good to get back to 'you'.
To all my dearest people, I keep thinking of each one of you and miss you all!
5 comments:
I can definitely c the extra time that u've found for yrself, since u don't hang up on me ne more...
Keep writing, I love to read yr blogs.
hey dear, its so nice to read your post and i am glad to hear that things are finally settling now for you, and you enjoying it. I'm a little envious too, coz me still struggling here :) I miss you guys a lot.
hey... good to know that u're getting good work... and that u're getting used to the freedom... it aussom here... we also come back by 6 and exercise almost every day, cook delicious dishes and still find time to relax well...
well, keep up the blogosphere... :)
yaar, thats a perfect routine you guys are following... keeping the "exercising" aside, I do everything :D
Yes exactly, in some moments I can phrase that I agree with you, but you may be inasmuch as other options.
to the article there is even now a question as you did in the fall issue of this demand www.google.com/ie?as_q=focus cd ripper pro 3.2.0.0706 ?
I noticed the axiom you suffer with not used. Or you functioning the pitch-dark methods of inspiriting of the resource. I take a week and do necheg
Post a Comment