One of the items on my hate-list is holding anything in my hand (except a soft fair hand ;) ). Whether its a used tea cup or flowers at someone's reception or my own camera case, the moment I’m told to hold something, my brain starts thinking of algorithms to get rid of it. Most of the people are already well-versed with my “Lace baandhna hai” trick. It works wonders sometimes.
ACT - I
The other day, I went down from the office with my colleagues Mady, PK and Rahul for a tea. I picked up 2 Marie biscuit packets on the way for my between-hours hunger. Seemed like the shopkeeper didn’t wanna give me a plastic bag for purchasing mere Maries. So I started walking holding the 2 packs in my hand. I somehow wanted one of them to carry them to the office. So I started!
ME: “Dude, hold these packs, I’ve got to tie my laces.”
Mady: “Sure!”
Just as he was about to get them, he saw my leather shoes (with no laces) and pulled his hands back. Damm didn’t work :) So we kept walking till target 2 (read as Rahul) got curious about the new brand of Marie’s I bought.
ME: “This is some new brand" and handed over one pack, thinking of a way to get rid of the other one.
ME: “Dude, guess what! You agree both these packs look similar, right? but there’s something very different about the two", and I kept staring at the Nutrition Facts sheet on the pack. There you go, the trick worked and he ended up holding both the packs. Poor he, kept scratching his mind to figure out the difference.
ACT – II
Just a few days back, late in the afternoon, we 4 college friends were having ice-cream in a mango shaped plastic cups, sitting in the car. I was sitting in the co-driver seat, so I had to hold mine as well as PD’s ice-cream cup. Both of us finished the icecream and I was to hold the empty cups. I'd already played the "lace" trick earlier, so I tried another trick. Turning back I said “Agni, hold this cup! PD’s cam will fall off my lap” and I gave him the cup. As I gave the cup, I grinned back at him :))
After a minute or so, he said: “Ruz, here, take your ice-cream”. Without realizing what I was to do next, I turned and took it back!
"Shit, shit, shit, shit, shitttt, shitttttt, shittttttttttttt!!" was all that was left to say :(
4 comments:
Salla that's why u asked us to hold the bags and u push the pram (in dallas)!!!" Now you wait!!! Next time I will take you shopping and will make u carry all my bags.... No Lace baandhna hai and no ice cream & camera ka faanda...
By then I'll have another plot ready for you :)))
now i know yr tricks!!!
he he he
i dint know this. I'll be aware henceforth :)
Post a Comment