Saturday, April 15, 2006

The Changi Times – II

The wallet was missing…! Oh god! This is not what I want at this moment. My flight is in 2 hours time. So I rushed to the seats, where I’d been lazing around for quite sometime. Nope, nothing there. Then I rushed to the joint where I had Chinese and asked the folks working there. No clue here either, but one of them suggested that I complain at the Airport Support booth. I got my way down to the support and sat there at their table.

A decent looking lady with a cute chinkie smile looked at my terrified face and asked me “May I help you?”. Thoughts kept running in my mind, but I had to behave myself :)) I told her that I lost my wallet and that I realized about it sometime back. She kept smiling, and then asked me the whereabouts and the usual yada-yada. I kept answering her obediently and she noted down all my answers. She said that they did find some wallet and the description did match the one I gave. Daamm, I was so relieved now, she asked me to wait there for 10 minutes while she went to fetch the wallet.

After about 10-12 minutes, she arrived with a plastic Ziploc and there was my wallet!!! She asked me another set of questions before she could handed it over to me. Then she made me fill a form and then left me greeting with her smile again. Though she did not let me know who reported the wallet to her, but I guess I left the wallet when I bought the bottle of water. I was soooooo relieved; I rushed back to the cafeteria and ordered 3 coffees. Then, I rushed back to the support desk, and gave the 2 ladies the coffee. They were so glad and they thanked me back. Now all I had got to do is somehow pass off the remaining time in peace.

2-3 more rounds at the terminal and I would have killed the remaining time. This time every 10 mins I had to feel me pocket to make sure the wallet is still there. I spotted a liquor shop, and my eyes climaxed over the Johnnie Walker, which I really wanted to buy, but was reluctant since I was not sure if my already full-to-capacity cabin luggage and the bottle would be allowed? Somehow, I managed to kill the remaining time, by re-entering the perfume shop again and again (by now I must have made it to the Most Wanted list of the lady working in there) and some electronics shops. At around quarter to 6, I went to queue up for the check-in. I was so relieved now, the longest wait was finally over and in a few hours I would be back to INDIA!!! Well the good thing is, after this point there was absolutely no problems till the end of my journey!

3 comments:

Makarand said...

How was she ? So, did you/did you not get her ? ;)
I mean ... the Johhnie Walker liquor :)

Anonymous said...

Now it is almost a year that u have gone back!! it's time to come to US agian... I never knew u had 16 hours ka maaja at the airport... That must be hell tiring yaar. Well, Im glad u enjoyed all the food joints dukks.

Risha said...

:)
wow..so much happened and u telling now.
Was not aware that u had to halt 16 hrs...cud'nt you go out?
Reminds me of my 8 hour halt at hong Kong..just that it was outside the airport and i roamed the HK with a stranger ;)