Its 7:10AM, the two of us rush into the green Camry that Sammy had hired for the weekend. It was going to be a long trip of almost 400+ miles from San Jose. Strapping our seat belts we sped off towards Gish where the other 2 c’munks were waiting for us. After filling in the gas and pumping some air into the rubber, we sped off taking on I-680. Sammy was at the wheel and I played the navigator, staring right into the numerous print outs we took with directions to the places we were gonna visit. Our first spot was to visit a national park by the name Lassen Volcanic National Park, which was around 250 odd miles from the start. After a short halt at Wendy’s for some light breakfast we sped off towards Lassen.
So we reached Lassen Park in the early noon, had a small session of 'dot release' and drove deeper within the park. On our was we saw some spectacular Sulphur deposits on the rocks, hot sulphuric gases that smelled worse that having to smell the outcome of Daal and Radish together. But well it seemed everyone around enjoyed it! Ok, let’s not divert from the topic or rather the purpose of putting this blog. The funny part about the 4 of us was that we had to oppose the other’s statements, come what may. Let’s have a glimpse into one of the conversations...
Some whacko English songs goin’ on. The Camry speeds on the long stretchy highway obeying the speed limits. Sash is really pissed with the number of wooooooooooooooooooooow’s he’s been hearing from Ruzy since morning for every song being played on the radio. While Pamo is sitting quietly in the back seat trying not to fall into any arguments.
Ruzy: Woooooooooooooooooooooooow!!! Look at those clouds behind the hills.
Sash: Boss, keep aside your wow-wow; first tell me where are we heading? What have you guys planned in the last 3 days?
Ruzy: We go to Klamath Falls and rest there for the day. Tomorrow we head to Crater Lake and then afternoon time we will go to Hellgate. And on Monday when we returning we drive via Napa, simple!
Sash: That’s the plan huh? That’s what you’ve been doing for the last 3 days?
Sammy: Guys! Guys!! Listen to me. Let’s go directly to Crater Lake city and then check-in there and leave for Crater Lake today itself.
Ruzy: (thinking) Huh? Crater Lake city. Which world is this in?
Ruzy: Why are we doing Crater Lake today itself. Let’s do it tomorrow, early morning instead and go to Klamath Lake today? We have 2 full days to spend yaar.
Sash: Boss, what do you want to do in Klamath Lake?
Pamo: Arre Klamath Lake is a big lake and there is nothing there!
Ruzy: There are lot of water sport activities there yaar! Let’s go there.
Sash: Arre then what’s the point in going to Klamath Falls? Why don’t we go to Crater Lake then.
Ruzy: Dude! I think there is confusion. Klamath Falls is not really falls, it’s a city! We are supposed to check-in there.
Sammy: Dude! I’ve been there yaar! TRUST ME! I’ll take you guys there by 5.
Sash: Arre boss! We don’t have a map till Crater Lake then how will we goto Crater Lake directly.
Sammy: Chill man! I know the roads. First I will take you to Crater Lake city. I know man the place! It has a downtown also man. I have stayed there last time we went there.
Ruzy: Dude, either google is wrong or you just created a city last time you went there. I’m sure there is nothing like a Crater Lake city.
Sammy: Dude! I’ve stayed there last time and I know what I’m saying. TRUST ME!
Sash: Yaar! You guys are nuts man. And you, wooooooow woooooooow what plan have you made?
Ruzy: Look, it was as simple. We stay tonight at Klamath Falls and then go to Crater tomorrow. Anyways it’s pretty late not to go to Klamath Lake.
Sammy: Dude, we will not go to Klamath Falls. Let’s not go to Econo Lodge of Klamath Falls, instead we can go to Econo Lodge of Crater Lake city.
Ruzy: Ok, let’s confirm this on the phone. I’ll call and you speak to the manager to give us the number of the “Crater Lake city” Econo Lodge.
After a thankfully short phone conversation, and without making the manager realize what a dhafol he is (ye, he was a gujju) to not have known where Crater Lake city is, it was confirmed that the Econo Lodge at Klamath Falls and the virtual Crater Lake city were the same.
Its close to 5:30 in the evening, the Camry still speeds on the limit, the 4some heading towards some city, finally see a board that reads “Welcome to Oregon state!” But no-one dares to speak where they gonna halt...
So we reached Lassen Park in the early noon, had a small session of 'dot release' and drove deeper within the park. On our was we saw some spectacular Sulphur deposits on the rocks, hot sulphuric gases that smelled worse that having to smell the outcome of Daal and Radish together. But well it seemed everyone around enjoyed it! Ok, let’s not divert from the topic or rather the purpose of putting this blog. The funny part about the 4 of us was that we had to oppose the other’s statements, come what may. Let’s have a glimpse into one of the conversations...
Some whacko English songs goin’ on. The Camry speeds on the long stretchy highway obeying the speed limits. Sash is really pissed with the number of wooooooooooooooooooooow’s he’s been hearing from Ruzy since morning for every song being played on the radio. While Pamo is sitting quietly in the back seat trying not to fall into any arguments.
Ruzy: Woooooooooooooooooooooooow!!! Look at those clouds behind the hills.
Sash: Boss, keep aside your wow-wow; first tell me where are we heading? What have you guys planned in the last 3 days?
Ruzy: We go to Klamath Falls and rest there for the day. Tomorrow we head to Crater Lake and then afternoon time we will go to Hellgate. And on Monday when we returning we drive via Napa, simple!
Sash: That’s the plan huh? That’s what you’ve been doing for the last 3 days?
Sammy: Guys! Guys!! Listen to me. Let’s go directly to Crater Lake city and then check-in there and leave for Crater Lake today itself.
Ruzy: (thinking) Huh? Crater Lake city. Which world is this in?
Ruzy: Why are we doing Crater Lake today itself. Let’s do it tomorrow, early morning instead and go to Klamath Lake today? We have 2 full days to spend yaar.
Sash: Boss, what do you want to do in Klamath Lake?
Pamo: Arre Klamath Lake is a big lake and there is nothing there!
Ruzy: There are lot of water sport activities there yaar! Let’s go there.
Sash: Arre then what’s the point in going to Klamath Falls? Why don’t we go to Crater Lake then.
Ruzy: Dude! I think there is confusion. Klamath Falls is not really falls, it’s a city! We are supposed to check-in there.
Sammy: Dude! I’ve been there yaar! TRUST ME! I’ll take you guys there by 5.
Sash: Arre boss! We don’t have a map till Crater Lake then how will we goto Crater Lake directly.
Sammy: Chill man! I know the roads. First I will take you to Crater Lake city. I know man the place! It has a downtown also man. I have stayed there last time we went there.
Ruzy: Dude, either google is wrong or you just created a city last time you went there. I’m sure there is nothing like a Crater Lake city.
Sammy: Dude! I’ve stayed there last time and I know what I’m saying. TRUST ME!
Sash: Yaar! You guys are nuts man. And you, wooooooow woooooooow what plan have you made?
Ruzy: Look, it was as simple. We stay tonight at Klamath Falls and then go to Crater tomorrow. Anyways it’s pretty late not to go to Klamath Lake.
Sammy: Dude, we will not go to Klamath Falls. Let’s not go to Econo Lodge of Klamath Falls, instead we can go to Econo Lodge of Crater Lake city.
Ruzy: Ok, let’s confirm this on the phone. I’ll call and you speak to the manager to give us the number of the “Crater Lake city” Econo Lodge.
After a thankfully short phone conversation, and without making the manager realize what a dhafol he is (ye, he was a gujju) to not have known where Crater Lake city is, it was confirmed that the Econo Lodge at Klamath Falls and the virtual Crater Lake city were the same.
Its close to 5:30 in the evening, the Camry still speeds on the limit, the 4some heading towards some city, finally see a board that reads “Welcome to Oregon state!” But no-one dares to speak where they gonna halt...
5 comments:
:) HA HA HA HA .........
Can imagine the look on your faces :)
what happened to the event mgr in USA
DUDE get back on track
-Reshma
hey... when did u go to US... ?
I'm here for quite sometime now :) Came here in Aug!
okay, cool.
Post a Comment