How many of us ever gave a thought to "First day of your life"? We all celebrate our birthday’s, the day that we were born... but I really wonder how many of us remember that very day! Well for me, the first day of my life would be the earliest I could remember. Well a montage of images flash back when I try to think of it. Even though I was born in Pune, the earliest I can remember is the old Bharucha Bungalow in Bombay, where I spent the first 10 years of my life. Well I know one thing for sure, the first face(s) I saw was either my mother's or my aunt Pal's (the two dearest of my life). I wonder what I thought of their worth then!?!
I can remember mom waking me up and lifting me to the wash-basin and making me brush my then tender teeth. She would always be in a hurry to go to work, hence all the haste. I hated to walk and always wanted to be lifted from one place to another. Well for a few years, till i was 5ish, Pal used to lift me wherever we went. May it be a walk down the Gilder Lane or to the Tardeo Bridge overlooking the local train tracks. Don't ask me what I had worn that day (definitely not my yellow corroded shirt and tight jeans).
The daytime was full of masti and nothing else. My friends would be my neighbour Rani, who lived in a small one room apartment, just adjacent to ours and my dad's cousin Kash, who stayed with us in the same bungalow. Well Rani and her parents used to keep me all day at their home. While, Kash played with me in the evening, after she got back from college. I still remember she carried a novel with her wherever she went and I always wondered what it was!?! Granny used to occasionally call me and give me something to eat (now I know where I got this habit from.... burrrp!). The lunch has to be the mutton soup with rice (the foundation of all the adipose in my body). It was my favourite then, and yes I still like it. I used to call it 'Lalyo Soup' which I actually meant Yellow Soup.
Dad... I remember him coming home late in the evening and sitting on the chair and then spending sometime with me. All he would say is Aye-yooo! Well I can actually imagine what he must have been thinking then 'Ene mora jem dastoor banawano chhe' which means 'I have to make him a priest like me'. Well that did happen and maybe I will cover it in one of my later blogs. As a child I used to drool over chocolates (like I don't anymore) and my dear neighbour Asp-E used to get me a bar of Cadbury’s Dairy Milk chocolate whenever he would remember (that could be anything from everyday to every alternate day), adding on to my adipose :)
Bedtime, my favourite time of the day, then and now, must be around 9ish (damm right no 256Kbps internet connection then!) Well this small angel had just had the best day of his life. He was back to the sweet dreams that promised him a much better day ahead or perhaps the beautiful life god has laid in front of him!
Ooops... I forgot one thing, the mid-night. Well I wouldn't quite remember this, my parents would ;) The time of the day I would cry the most (no Pampers then...!) apart from when Ron-E used to bully and yell at me for his own joy!
I can remember mom waking me up and lifting me to the wash-basin and making me brush my then tender teeth. She would always be in a hurry to go to work, hence all the haste. I hated to walk and always wanted to be lifted from one place to another. Well for a few years, till i was 5ish, Pal used to lift me wherever we went. May it be a walk down the Gilder Lane or to the Tardeo Bridge overlooking the local train tracks. Don't ask me what I had worn that day (definitely not my yellow corroded shirt and tight jeans).
The daytime was full of masti and nothing else. My friends would be my neighbour Rani, who lived in a small one room apartment, just adjacent to ours and my dad's cousin Kash, who stayed with us in the same bungalow. Well Rani and her parents used to keep me all day at their home. While, Kash played with me in the evening, after she got back from college. I still remember she carried a novel with her wherever she went and I always wondered what it was!?! Granny used to occasionally call me and give me something to eat (now I know where I got this habit from.... burrrp!). The lunch has to be the mutton soup with rice (the foundation of all the adipose in my body). It was my favourite then, and yes I still like it. I used to call it 'Lalyo Soup' which I actually meant Yellow Soup.
Dad... I remember him coming home late in the evening and sitting on the chair and then spending sometime with me. All he would say is Aye-yooo! Well I can actually imagine what he must have been thinking then 'Ene mora jem dastoor banawano chhe' which means 'I have to make him a priest like me'. Well that did happen and maybe I will cover it in one of my later blogs. As a child I used to drool over chocolates (like I don't anymore) and my dear neighbour Asp-E used to get me a bar of Cadbury’s Dairy Milk chocolate whenever he would remember (that could be anything from everyday to every alternate day), adding on to my adipose :)
Bedtime, my favourite time of the day, then and now, must be around 9ish (damm right no 256Kbps internet connection then!) Well this small angel had just had the best day of his life. He was back to the sweet dreams that promised him a much better day ahead or perhaps the beautiful life god has laid in front of him!
Ooops... I forgot one thing, the mid-night. Well I wouldn't quite remember this, my parents would ;) The time of the day I would cry the most (no Pampers then...!) apart from when Ron-E used to bully and yell at me for his own joy!
7 comments:
WOW Ruz...
Welcome to the blogging world. Great blog to start with!!
looking forward to see more...
so u weren't downloaded ? i assume that now u r too calorie consious to get rid of those adipose :) man, u have amazing memory to recollect ur early days. tell us something abut "the mountains of iran" story also. keep up the good work.
Hey Ruzi
wow!! Great blog .....Great start ... looking forward to more stories. I am quite surprised at your memory though. I cant seem to remember anything before i was 3 - 3 and half......most of them are old pics and stories that mom has to say ....which i picturize and think thatz what and how it happened
hey dasturji,
First of all good memory yaar:) I don't remember much of my childhood. BUT how can't u remember THE MID-NITE!! Quite Surprising ;)Hey Ruzi, u were a hogger since childhood, all u remember is FOOD :)That is one thing we have in common...
Well u know u r my favorite madcow and hope to c u sooooooooon in Texas...
Not bad man! Waiting to read about the day you got 256Kbps connection ... won't that be sensational?
Hey Good Blog. Waiting to read the next one.
Hey Ruzi,
I thought u would I have a couple of blogs up by now..:))..Nice one to start..Hope to read more..
Post a Comment